Sunday, September 7, 2008

Why Liverpool, Hidayah?

Okay, I get this a lot. Even during my oral session in class, the guys actually came to think that it's impossible for girls to like other club than Manchester United with the presence of THE Cristiano Ronaldo. Of course now, people started to give this annoying first impression to any girls who supports LFC is the ones who are crushing on Fernando Torres, the hottie that is finally recognized by girls who just trying to be smart about football, of course, if he hadn't score for the Euro final 2008, it would be a Fernando-who.

I don't mind now since my schoolmates knew I all craze about Liverpool since 2005. Yes, that's when Liverpool won their 5th Champions League Cup in Istanbul. I've been watching football since I was a little girl. My dad encouraged me a lot. But I only watch the local football. That is, when Pahang was THE best team in Malaysia leagues. My dad used to bring me to the stadium quite often. But when Pahang began to suck, I gave up watching football and started to watch Sailormoon again.

But my interest in watching the sports didn't really stop. I watch the World Cup, and I watch Chelsea's and United's matches sometimes. By those time I knew Manchester United and Chelsea were the 'it' club. But still it didn't really bring me to the idea of being a fanatic. I didn't even know how offsides are counted. Haha. But then one day, my sister told me there's this big match between Liverpool and AC Milan. And my all Liverpool uncles were up to the match. I was like, okayyy, what's the big deal? Wth, just watch it. And I watched it until the last whistle, and the penalty shoot out. Looking at how Steven Gerrard, inspired the team to keep going. And all the players, with the spirit and believe that they can still win it, and never give up. And Jerzy Dudek, with his mind all focused on the match. And the people, even though they were likely to be beaten, they never gave up on the team, they kept singing for them and just stand behind the team. And then there it was, the best team had won it. Oh how these things really touched me in the heart!


Since then, I've been a Red. I learnt their songs, watched the matches, learnt their fantastic histories and here I am, a major fanatic. And how great is it that The Beatles is Liverpool's local band? Another asset of Liverpool, I guess HAHA. Steven Gerrard has been my all time favorite player, and of course, still is. Though he should smile more. Fernando Torres is my second, since he's the major hottie here! And oh, I love Mascherano but can he just go to the dentist more often? HAHA sounds familiar? Hey we girls can't get away with those. Nature's call.

Okay, I think that answers your questions, YNWA :)

2 comments:

utusanlfc (Johardy Ibrahim) said...

``Why not Liverpool?'' is the supposedly legitimate question for you. As I have laid it out in my own blog and agreed by many many football-scienties (hahaha)... supporting one football club is a generation thing. Like me and most of the 30's adult male, Liverpool was the answer to Manure in the 90's and present which Liverpool dominated since late 60's to 80's. The gap now is widening and a bit worrying as Manure is really closing in, but the fact is that we're still the No.1 club in EPL history must not be taken lightly. The manner LFC has been managed and administered all along (untill the American arrived la..) has been the symbol of good football management practices. You, my dear sister - must be proud of your choices. We don't care sangat lah to what particular reason you pick LFC - be it pure football or because of Torres... but the fact is that LFC has taught me to be humble. hahaha... We're not that great but we are great. So this is humility in terms of football. hahhahaha

hidayahnazri said...

wow that's very.. inspirational :D

but thanks to torres, my girl friends are all backing liverpool now. and thanks to ronaldo, many people hated manu. haha.

we'll win the epl next year i can tell! ...i hope.