Friday, December 18, 2009

Liverpool 2 - 1 Latics (finally)



Woohoo! We won! Sorry fer the late post though. I didn't get the chance to see the match live. My freakin hotel room didn't have ESPN on their tv. But I'm home now, and thank God there's a replay on midnight.

The first half, woowee who could've thought we could play like that! That's the Liverpool we used to know. At first I was a bit doubtful about the formation that puts Aurelio as a winger. And Torres didn't even start. But heck, we attacked and kept on passing. It was such a good match to watch. Mascherano was the playmaker besides Gerrard. He was pushing the team forward and helped to clear the danger at some times. Insua is improving and I won't mind at all if he becomes a regular. Benayoun was unlucky to not to get his goal, despite his clever runs. And finally I saw the idea of putting Aurelio as the winger. His smart crosses helped to create chances for the team a lot, in this case has lead to Ngog's goal. Ngog and Kuyt both had produce some beautiful strikes.

Torres' goal was uhh.. well deserved. Still, it was the goal that gave us the three points. I don't know how the heck we could concede a goal right at the 90th minute. It should never been allowed to happen. Reina is so short of clean sheets right now.

But anyways, I also heard that Malaysia are the football champions of South East Asia! Woohoo! Quite frustrated that I didn't get to see the match live. I only get live updates from the radio in the car. But I heard we kept on attacking and deserved to win. Congratulations Team Harimau Malaya! :)


* Have you heard? If we score the first goal vs Portsmouth this Saturday, we'll be scoring the 500th goal in EPL this season - which happens to be the record for fastest 500 goals in a season in EPL history! Lets hope we score! :D

No comments: